Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Extra accomodation




Sorry I've been a little slack posting of late. The last of the warm autumn days inspired Larraine and I to create a few new garden projects, one of which was the use of some old clay plumbing pipes which I managed to pick up at a second hand building supplies. This is probably not everyones cup of tea, and you'll either love it or hate it no doubt.
My purpose was twofold, firstly to try and be creative in displaying some new Bromeliads and also making a few extra spots for the frogs to hibernate in. We have three currently at home on the verandah, two Green treefrogs and one Emerald spotted treefrog.
I'll try and post photo's of the two projects over the next few days. Happy gardening.

6 comments:

David (Snappy) said...

i love the planter showing the plants.very warm photos.hope you post frog pics soon

e4 said...

That's excellent. It's part garden, part frog habitrail, and part plumbing.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Wonderful plants & such an imaginative way to display them. My husband & I love to pick from 'junk' & play with it in the garden. Nice photos.

weirdbunny said...

This garden is rather funky!

Philosophical Karen said...

What a great idea. I'm not sure we would have clay pipes here. I am thinking they would not work very well in cold climates. I've never looked into it though so I'm not sure.

Kerri said...

These are beautiful photos. The bromeliads go perfectly with the pipes. Great idea!
By the way, I keep forgetting to thank you for commenting on my anniversary post way back in April. My husband said "I'll bet you don't get any men to comment on that one" And I did!..thanks to you and Stuart at Gardening For Dummies. It's nice to know that some men appreciate a little romance :)